beautiful game! of all the games about hostile architechture, this one is the gayest and therefore the best
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
"Secret Spaces is a weird, fascinating game." - Blood Church
"You're almost in a relationship with the space itself." - The Mad Welshman
"I like the idea of just sinking into it for an hour and seeing what I find." - Rock Paper Shotgun
"There’s a strange poetic beauty to Secret Spaces... one of the more compelling exploration-heavy games this year." - IGN
Plant strange glowing flora, navigate treacherous concrete cliffs, and search deeper and deeper for the one who left you behind. Harvest and grow plants to aid your descent -- climb on vines, ride on glowing seeds, and plant flowers too strange to name...
Update v1.0.1: The Y-Invert Update
Y'all have been asking for this one for a while, and it's finally here!
- Y-invert added to pause menu
- Changed some generation values
- ░░░░░ ░░░░ ░░░░░
Update v1.0.0: Love and Life
- Experience the fully-fleshed-out storyline!
- Interact with the Tower directly and indirectly -- your every action has an impact on how the world generates moving forward
- Discover new rare secrets -- artifacts long since forgotten in the Tower's core...
- Listen to the custom-made Secret Spaces soundtrack, full of synthy goodness!
- Read speculations on deep lore!
- Feast your ears on the new, more vibrant, fully-mixed soundscape!
- There's a big head mode now I guess?????
- More pause menu options allow you to play the game YOUR way
- There's a snazzy intro AND cool animated end credits!
- There's also proper sound mixing so you can actually play the game with headphones on and not die
Update v0.4.1-alpha: NULL
- Added in render distance options in the pause menu for performance
- Set render distance to NULL for a glimpse into the void
- Added in render distance options in the pause menu for performance
- Something changes as you go deeper into the gut of the Tower...
Update v0.4.0-alpha: Water, Light, and Seeds
- The game now has a proper main menu and pause menu! Both are kind of bare-bones right now, but they function!
- The game now has seeding! Pause the game to view your seed, and send the seed to a friend to show them your world!
- You can now change the lighting in the game, to make it more visible or more moody.
- There's little puddles of water! They don't do much yet, but they're cute.
- Increased chunk width and length by 25%. This leads to slightly higher computational pauses when loading new chunks, but the new environments are worth it and I'm working on getting the load time down.
- Ropevine cannot be completely destroyed anymore, fixing a bug with planting
- Made the player hurt sound less horrifyingly loud
Update v0.3.0-alpha: The Surf's Up-Date
- Made interesting terrain much more common
- Increased fall damage over large distances
- You can now ride floating bloomseeds which is, like, SUPER cool
- Salvefruits now act as a sort of shield at full health -- they will block ANY amount of damage once
- The game's first major secret is now in! Something VERY strange lies DEEP within the tower...
- Removed security cameras for the time being. I've been rethinking certain systems, focusing more on the environment itself being the main danger. Still a work in progress.
- Fixed a bug preventing in-game feedback from coming through
- Fixed a bug allowing players to lose ropevine without actually planting it
- Made planting locations slightly clearer
- Made rope climbing slightly smoother
Update v0.2.0-alpha: The Glowing Update
- Added two new plants to the environment -- *****brush and *****seed
- *****brush is rare and gives you ******
- *****seed is common and glows
- Added more physical features to the Infinte Tower to explore
- You can now fertilize ropevines, to make them grow faster or make them grow again
- Context-sensitive tooltips show you what you can do, where
- Climbing is now smoother
- Fixed a bug where ropevine would grow through ungenerated sections
- ******** ******* are now indifferent to you -- this will soon change
Update v0.1.1-alpha: Fixed a bug involving ropevine gathering, made a certain entity appear more often, balanced audio, updated certain controls
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The power of two gay girls trapped in a never-ending nightmarish but benevolent tower is very high.
Hi there :-) This game experience is absolutely delicious. A strange minimalist and poetic architectural adventure. But please, could someone inform me if there is a way to save our progress ? As I haven't found one ... Thanks & best regards
Hello! Thank you very much for playing. Unfortunately there's no way to save your progress -- doing so in a procedurally generated game is highly difficult for a number of reasons. As such, you should expect to spend 20-40 minutes playing through the game before reaching the ending.
Wow. What a beautiful, meditative, gay experience. Truly wonderful.
Could you please add a Mouse Y Invert option? Picked this game up but can't deal with un-inverted games.
Hi! A patch to add a Mouse Y-Invert option is in the works. You'll get a notification when the update comes out! :)
Pause menu config options don't respond to clicks. The "start" button on initial load takes several attempts before it responds. The feedback thing accessed by pressing "H" also does not respond to clicks or to typing, or I'd have put this bug report there. I don't know whether the plant/fertilize thing wasn't working or whether it just has to be on a certain type of ground that I haven't seen (since I've seen gray and blue already, and saw something pink but too far away to get to).
Other comments make me feel pretty confident that there's more to the game than what I've seen thus far; I will withhold commentary on the actual game until I can actually play it (and fix the too-high mouse speed that's stopping me from aiming well enough to descend safely).
I'm running the Linux version, installed via the itch desktop application.
Hi! Apologies for the glitchiness. For certain versions of Unity, Linux has problems registering mouse clicks. It's sadly something that I don't have a direct fix for; however, I just rebuilt the game using a new Unity version, which should with luck fix the problem!
Hi Heather, I made on account on here because I don't have a twitter and there doesn't seem to be a dm feature (for obv reasons I guess).
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love your games and that your meatspace manifesto made me feel things.
All the best,
is there a console command or something to invert the mouse? :x
A really meditative and wonderful experience.
Love it!!!!! I have lots of feedback for you (spoilers for those who haven't played):
- your logo animation is really sick
- would help if "toggle headbob" showed whether it's on or off
- would help if brightness were a slider (discrete or continuous) rather than a button
- AWWWWWW girls loving girls!!!
- i expected to drown in the blue surface but i can just walk on it. upon closer inspection it looks like it's just shallow water.
- however, i like that falling is the only way to take damage in this game, so i wouldn't add water for the player to drown in
- often it seems like i don't plant ropevine where i expect - sometimes i can't even see where i planted it at all
- Elaine is a fucking sweetheart
- having not watched the trailer before playing, i still immediately felt like i should go down not up, so props for that
- are the floating cubes supposed to do anything other than look pretty?
- i'd like better feedback when trying to push the cubes - i can't always tell if i actually pushed a cube
- might have been my ears playing tricks on me, but it seemed like the harvesting sound effect had a variation while the static noise was playing - that was really cool
- at first i didn't find myself planting much, just harvesting, but that changed as i went further down
- maybe give a border to the white text? right now it blends in with the notes and sometimes the specular highlights
- I LOVE HOW GAY THIS GAME IS
- the robots joke was pure gold
Overall the environment had me extremely immersed. Would love to see more was for you to play around with it and make it alive even more. The notes were extremely cute :3
Very Cool !