"Secret Spaces is a weird, fascinating game." - Blood Church
"You're almost in a relationship with the space itself." - The Mad Welshman
"I like the idea of just sinking into it for an hour and seeing what I find." - Rock Paper Shotgun
"There’s a strange poetic beauty to Secret Spaces... one of the more compelling exploration-heavy games this year." - IGN
Plant strange glowing flora, navigate treacherous concrete cliffs, and search deeper and deeper for the one who left you behind. Harvest and grow plants to aid your descent -- climb on vines, ride on glowing seeds, and plant flowers too strange to name...
Update v1.0.0: Love and Life
- Experience the fully-fleshed-out storyline!
- Interact with the Tower directly and indirectly -- your every action has an impact on how the world generates moving forward
- Discover new rare secrets -- artifacts long since forgotten in the Tower's core...
- Listen to the custom-made Secret Spaces soundtrack, full of synthy goodness!
- Read speculations on deep lore!
- Feast your ears on the new, more vibrant, fully-mixed soundscape!
- There's a big head mode now I guess?????
- More pause menu options allow you to play the game YOUR way
- There's a snazzy intro AND cool animated end credits!
- There's also proper sound mixing so you can actually play the game with headphones on and not die
Update v0.4.1-alpha: NULL
- Added in render distance options in the pause menu for performance
- Set render distance to NULL for a glimpse into the void
- Something changes as you go deeper into the gut of the Tower...
Update v0.4.0-alpha: Water, Light, and Seeds
- The game now has a proper main menu and pause menu! Both are kind of bare-bones right now, but they function!
- The game now has seeding! Pause the game to view your seed, and send the seed to a friend to show them your world!
- You can now change the lighting in the game, to make it more visible or more moody.
- There's little puddles of water! They don't do much yet, but they're cute.
- Increased chunk width and length by 25%. This leads to slightly higher computational pauses when loading new chunks, but the new environments are worth it and I'm working on getting the load time down.
- Ropevine cannot be completely destroyed anymore, fixing a bug with planting
- Made the player hurt sound less horrifyingly loud
Update v0.3.0-alpha: The Surf's Up-Date
- Made interesting terrain much more common
- Increased fall damage over large distances
- You can now ride floating bloomseeds which is, like, SUPER cool
- Salvefruits now act as a sort of shield at full health -- they will block ANY amount of damage once
- The game's first major secret is now in! Something VERY strange lies DEEP within the tower...
- Removed security cameras for the time being. I've been rethinking certain systems, focusing more on the environment itself being the main danger. Still a work in progress.
- Fixed a bug preventing in-game feedback from coming through
- Fixed a bug allowing players to lose ropevine without actually planting it
- Made planting locations slightly clearer
- Made rope climbing slightly smoother
Update v0.2.0-alpha: The Glowing Update
- Added two new plants to the environment -- *****brush and *****seed
- *****brush is rare and gives you ******
- *****seed is common and glows
- Added more physical features to the Infinte Tower to explore
- You can now fertilize ropevines, to make them grow faster or make them grow again
- Context-sensitive tooltips show you what you can do, where
- Climbing is now smoother
- Fixed a bug where ropevine would grow through ungenerated sections
- ******** ******* are now indifferent to you -- this will soon change
Update v0.1.1-alpha: Fixed a bug involving ropevine gathering, made a certain entity appear more often, balanced audio, updated certain controls